Middlesex, Vt. – With just one day to go before Vermonters nominate their candidates for Governor, Phil Scott’s high-energy campaign is accelerating to victory and doubling down on the candidate’s positive, issues-driven approach with the “High Road to Victory” tour.
The tour, which comes just days after his opponent leveled another series of dishonest accusations, will highlight Scott’s continued commitment to running a campaign focused on his priorities of growing the economy and making Vermont affordable for families and businesses. Last week Scott also released a new ad entitled “The High Road” where he says his team will “rise above” the negative attacks and set an example.
Scott said, “If we are serious about changing the tone and the quality of elections and politics – and I am very serious about that – we have to be willing to lead by example. My opponent has spent nearly $2 million misleading Vermonters about my plans, my priorities – and in the last week, my integrity. We’re going to rise above it. I’ve never been more resolved to stand up for the Vermonters who want an honest discussion about how we can work together to reform state government, strengthen the economy and make Vermont affordable for every family.”
The choice in this election is clear, Scott continued. “Vermonters have an opportunity to make a statement on Tuesday about the kind of political campaigns – and the type of candidates – they want to see in Vermont,” he said. “My team and I are going to continue to take the high road, and I believe the high road will lead us to victory on Tuesday and again in November. With your help and your vote we will do it the Vermont way.”
Let’s Rise Above It Tour Schedule
- 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM: St. Albans, Exit 19 Intersection — Open Press
- 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: South Burlington, Shelburne Road – Open Press (Near the Bagel Bakery, 992 Shelburne Rd.)
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Rutland, Intersection of Route 4 & Route 7 – Open Press
- 3:00 – 4:00PM: Barre, City Hall Park – Open Press
- 5:00 – 6:00PM: Morrisville, Intersection of Routes 100 & 15 – Open Press (Note: This is a Team Scott event; the candidate is at another event at this time.)
- 5:00 – 7:00PM Boyden Farm Meet & Greet/Fundraiser – RSVP/Press Credentials Required (Note: Credentials required for media. Please call campaign HQ for more info.)
Listen, Learn, Lead: Phil Scott
Phil Scott is a consistent voice of reason and common sense in Montpelier. As the only Republican elected to statewide office, Phil shows determination and leadership in advocating for Vermonters and promoting policies and programs that benefit Vermont families and the economy. That’s why he has the support of more than 100 current and former Republican leaders, including Governor Jim Douglas and former State Auditor Randy Brock. Read about Phil Scott’s plans at www.philscott.org.